Do you suffer from dental fear or anxiety?
Visit Dr. Michael Ayzin and the team at Dentistry @ Its Finest for the care you need. We understand that dental fear and anxiety may hinder patients from receiving the dental care they need to maintain a healthy smile. To help facilitate a more positive and comfortable dental experience, we offer an extensive range of dental sedation options.
Our experienced and trusted team of dentists will assess your needs and determine which type of dental sedation is right for you. To facilitate the best environment and care for our patients, we work closely with a board-certified anesthesiologist who oversees all phases of your dental care while under sedation. Visit our Costa Mesa, CA dentist office to explore your sedation dentistry options.
Who Can Benefit From Sedation Dentistry?
Many patients can benefit from sedation dentistry. At Dentistry @ Its Finest, the health and safety of our patients are important to our team. We make the conscious effort to ensure all of our patients are properly informed about their sedation dentistry options and understands all aspects of their care. We find that this not only helps relieve dental fear and anxiety, but it also allows patients to become active participants in their dental care journey.
In many cases, patients who fit the following conditions may benefit from sedation dentistry:
- Patients with disabilities or movement disorder
- Special needs patients
- Patients with dental fear or anxiety
- Those with a poor gag reflex
- Patients with a low tolerance for pain
- Those who need multiple dental treatments in one visit
- This who have a phobia of needles, blood, or loud noises
Candidacy For Sedation Dentistry
As noted, the health and safety of our patients are important to our dentists and staff. To determine if sedation dentistry is right for you, our team will review and evaluate each patient’s health. We will take the time to review the patient’s oral health, medical history, and physical condition. In some cases, a patient may need to be cleared by their primary care physician before sedation is administered.
Sedation Dentistry Options?
After an in-depth analysis of your medical history and current condition, our team may recommend one or more of the following sedation options.
- Laughing gas: Nitrous oxide, also known as laugh gas, is administered through a nasal mask; it takes effect quickly and allows patients to remain fully conscious during their treatment. In some cases, laughing gas is used in conjunction with other types of sedation.
- IV conscious sedation: This type of sedation is administered by IV directly into the bloodstream. Patients will experience deep relaxation and may even fall asleep. Patients will remain conscious and can react to commands. In most cases, the patient won’t remember their treatment.
- Anesthesia wand: The anesthesia is regulated through a computer-controlled system. It is administered to the patient by using a pen-like a device, which makes the anesthesia wand ideal for patients with fear of needles.
- Oral conscious sedation: This is administered through an oral pill or liquid that is taken before the scheduled appointment. Similar to IV sedation, oral conscious sedation may cause drowsiness, which allows patients to sleep during the treatment.
General anesthesia: The medication is administered directly into the patient’s bloodstream. This method is designed to sleep during their treatment. Under general anesthesia, the patient won’t remember anything that happens when they are unconscious. Patients under this form of sedation will need to coordinate with another driver to take them home after their appointment.
Sedation Dentistry in Costa Mesa, CA
Do you suffer dental fear or anxiety? Visit Dentistry @ Its Finest to determine if sedation dentistry in Orange County is right for you. Our caring and attentive staff can work with you to explore some of your sedation options. Visit our Costa Mesa dentist office to learn more about your options. To schedule an appointment, call 714.540.5511 or request an appointment online.